domingo, 12 de novembro de 2006

Life During Wartime

Paralamas do Sucesso
De: David Byrne
Tom: Am

Intro.: (Am)
Am
Heard of a van that is laaded with weapons
Packed up and ready to go
Heard of some gravesites, out by the highway
A place where nobody knows
The sound of gunfire, off in the distance
I'm getting used to it now
Lived in Brownstone, lived in the Ghetto
I've lived all over this town
E
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco
This ain't no fooling arond
No time for dancing, or lovey dovey
I ain't got time for that now
Am
Transmit the message to the receiver
Hope for an answer someday
I got three passports, a couple of visas
You don't even know my real name
High on a hillside the trucks are loading
Everything's ready to roll
Sleep in the daytime, work in nightime
I might not ever get home
E
This ain't no party, this ain't no dico,
this ain't no fooling around
This ain't the Mudd Club, or CBGB
I ain't got time for tha now
(Intodução)
Am
Heard about Houstoun?
Heard about Detroit?
Heard about Pittsburgh, P.A.?
You've got to learn not to stand by the window
Somebody see you up there
I've gor some groveries
Some peanut butter
To last couple of days
But I ain't got no speakers
Ain't got no headphones
Ain't got no records to play
E
Why go to college, to highschool?
E                E4
It will be different this time
E                     E4
Can't write a letter,  can't send a postcard
E
I can write nothing at all
E                    E4
This ain't no party,   this ain't no disco
E                       E4
This ain't no fooling around
E
I'd like to kiss you, I'd love to fuck you
E
I ain't got time for that now.
(Intrudução)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário