quinta-feira, 20 de julho de 2006

My Way

Elvis Presley
Intro: C

C    Em
And now the end is near,
Gm         A7
and so I face the final curtain,
Dm         Dm7
My friend, I’ll say it clear,
G7          C
I’ll state my case, of which I’m certain


C           C7
I’ve lived a life that’s full,
F     Fm
I traveled each and every highway,
C        G                        F   C
And more, much more than this, I did it my way


C             Em
Regrets, I’ve had a few,
Gm               A7
but then again, too few to mention,
Dm     Dm7
I did what I had to do,
G7               C
and saw it thru without exemption,


C           C7
I planned each chartered course,
F             Fm
each carefull step along the by way
C         G                   F   C
And more,  much more than this, I did it  my way


C              C7
Yes, there were times, I’m sure you knew,
F           
when I bit off  more than I could chew,
Dm7   G
But thru it all, when there was dout,
Em              Am
I ate it up, and spit it out
Dm7              G        F   C
I faced it  all, and I stood tall, and did it my way


C         Em
I’ve loved, I’ve laughed and cried,
Gm                A7
I’ve had my fill, my share of losing
Dm               Dm7
And now,  as tears subside,
G7      C
I find it all so amusing


C               C7     
To think I did all that,
F    Fm
and may I say, “Not in a shy way”
C  G    F   C
Oh no,  oh no,  not me,  I did it my way


C         C7
For what is a man, what has he got,
F                      
if not himself, then he has not
Dm7     G    
To say the things he truly feels,
Em                Am
And not the words of one who kneels
Dm7             G                 F   C
The record shows I took the blows, and did it my way
Dm7             G                F   C
The record shows I took the blows, and did it my way

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário