quinta-feira, 20 de julho de 2006

Are you lonesome tonigth?

Elvis Presley
Tom: C
Intro:   C - Dm- G - C - G7
C          Em            Am     
Are you lonesome tonight, 
do you miss me tonight?
C         C7      F
Are you sorry we drifted apart?
G                  G7
Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day,
G              G7              C  
when I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
C7                        F      
Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
D             G           G7
Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?
C                 Em             D        
Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
F            G7         C        - G7
Tell me dear are you lonesome tonight.
(spoken : )
C         Em          Am
I wonder if you are lonesome tonight.
You know someone said that the world is a stage,
C     C7
and you must play a part.
F
Fate had me playing in love with you as my sweetheart.
G
Act one was when I met you, I loved you at first glance.
G7                                   G
You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue.
G7
Then came act 2,
you seemed to change and you acted strange,
C                    C7
and why I'll never know.

F
Honey, you lied when you said you loved me,
D
and I had no cause to doubt you.
G
But I'd rather go on hearing your lies,
G7                   C
than go on living without you.
Em
Now the stage is bare and I'm standing there
D                       F
with emptiness all around.
G7
And if you won't come back to me,
C                     G7
then they can bring thecurtain down.
C                Em             D        
Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
F            G7         C     
Tell me dear are you lovesome tonight. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário