quinta-feira, 20 de julho de 2006

Kentucky rain

Elvis Presley
[C]Seven lonely [G]days and a [C]
    dozen towns a[F]go,
I [C]reached out one [F]night 
    and you were [C]gone.[C7]
[F]Don't know why you'd [G]run, 
    what you're [C]running
to or [Am]from,
[D7]all I know is I want to bring you [G7]home.

So I'm [C]walking in the [G]rain, [C]thumbing
for a [F]ride on this
[C]lonely Ken[F]tucky [C]backroad.[C7]
I've [F]loved you much too [G]long
and [C]my love's too [Am]strong
to [D7]let you go, never knowing what
went [G7]wrong.[Fmaj7]

[D7]Kentucky rain keeps pouring [C]do[Bm]wn [Em]
and up ahead's another [Am]town
[G]that [F]I'll [Em]go [F]walking [C]thru [Fmaj7]with
the [C]rain in my [Em]shoes,[Am][Em][C]
[Am]searchin [Am7]for [F]you [G7]in the
cold Kentucky [C]rain, [Em][F]
in the [G7]cold Kentucky [C]rain.

[C]Showed your photo[G]graph to some [C]old
gray bearded [F]men
sitting [C]on a bench out[F]side a
gen'ral [C]store.[C7]
They said "[F]Yes, she's been [G]here" but
their [C]mem'ry wasn't [Am]clear,
was it [D7]yesterday, no, wait the day be[G7]fore.

So I [C]fin'ly got a [G]ride with a [C]preacher man who
[F]asked: "Where you [C]bound on such
a dark [F]after[C]noon?"[C7]
As we [F]drove on thru the [G]rain as he l[C]istened
I ex[Am]plained and he [D7]left me with
a prayer that I'd find [G7]you.[Fmaj7]

[D7]Kentucky rain keeps pouring [C]do[Bm]wn [Em]and
up ahead's another [Am]town
[G]that [F]I'll [Em]go [F]walking [C]thru [Fmaj7]with
the [C]rain in my [Em]shoes,[Am][Em][C]
[Am]searchin [Am7]for [F]you [G7]in the
cold Kentucky [C]rain, [Em][F]
in the [G7]cold Kentucky [C]rain[Em][F],
in the [G7]cold...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário